Peanut butter and chocolate lovers unite! These Dark Chocolate and PB Cheesecake Bites are where it’s at AND they’re semi-good for you!
So while I was teaching SP, I may have put on a few kgs thanks to stress eating chocolate and living off Redbull for a few months. Not ideal, BUT I’ve finally started to get my shit sorted and get back into healthy eating.
I can’t quite give up the sweet treats because.. I feel like life would suck without them, however, I have been adapting some of my favourite things to make them just a smidge healthier so I can get my sweet fix.
They’re hitting the spot right when I need them to and with just a few tweaks (as suggested in the recipe below), you can totally make these 100% keto and vegan-friendly!
- - 115g creαm cheese OR vegan cream cheese, at room temperature
- - 115g smooth peαnut butter, at room temp
- - 1 TBSP pure maple or date syrup OR powdered stevia for keto friendly
- - 50g 90% dark chocolate OR sugar free dark or vegan chocolate chips, crushed
- - Pop your cream cheese, peanut butter and date/maple syrup or stevia into a bowl and give it a good mix together until it's all nice and smooth.
- - Scoop a small ish golf ball sized bit of the dough and roll into a ball. Repeat until your all of your mixture is in ball form.
- - Pop your crushed chocolate into a wee bowl and roll your balls until they're evenly covered.
- - Chuck em' onto a chopping board or plate covered with baking paper and into the freezer they go. Leave them there until they're frozen.
- - Once frozen, transfer to an airtight container and keep in the freezer. They'll last for up to a week and half. When you're ready to eat, pull one out of the freezer and devour!
These Dark Chocolate and PB Cheesecake Bites are super creamy, peanut buttery and the crushed chocolate just adds a little something extra to the whole deliciousness that is these bites.
Because we all have a preference as to how we like balls in our mouth, I’m not going to tell you how to eat yours but I will make a suggestion. I love to leave mine to sit for 10 minutes to soften up a little. It’s kind of ice creamy and cheesecakey at the same time. SAH GOOD GUYS, SAH GOOD!!