I’m all about homemade gifts because they’re meaningful but also, we stick to a very strict budget over the holidays and it’s something that Izzy and I can do together. These Cinnamon and Chamomile Bath Salts tick both the “homemade gift” and “on a budget” boxes!
Cinnamon and Chamomile Bath Salts are super easy to whip up, cheap as chups to make and depending on the size of the jar you use, you can get a fair few prezzies out of one mix!
We love to make our own homemade “pamper products”. We don’t have a bath but we do have a plastic flexi tub that Izzy sits in when she wants one and we also have a smaller one that I can have a wee foot soak in. If you’re after a few more homemade pampering ideas, click HERE!
While cinnamon is my go to and I add chamomile to Izzy’s, you could change things up and add a bit of dried lavender, dried calendula flowers or dried rose petals!
What you’ll need
– 2 cups epsom salt
– 2 cups fine sea salt or pink himalayan salt
– 1/2 cup oats, blitzed into a fine powder
– a few clean jars with lids. I spray ours down with isopropyl alcohol first.
– wool or ribbon
– card/paper to make a label
for the cinnamon bath salts
– 2 1/2 TBSP cinnamon
for the chamomile bath salts
– 2 1/2 TBSP dried chamomile flowers. I got ours from Pure Nature.
What to do
– If you haven’t already done so, blitz your oats into a fine powder.
– Grab a bowl and chuck in your epsom salts, sea/pink himalayan salt and oats and depending on what flavour you’re whipping up, either your cinnamon or chamomile flowers. Give it all a good mix together until everything is well incorporated.
– Scoop your mixture into your jar/s and pop the lid on!
– Decorate with wool or ribbon, chuck on a label and boom diggity, you’ve got yourself a homemade Christmas gift! These wee beauts will last 3 months from the time you make them!
How to use your bath salts!
Add 3 TBSP to your bath water, stir to dissolve and RELAX!
If you don’t have a bath tub, fill a small tub or bucket with warm water and pop your feet in!