Mini Pikelet Santa Hats are nothing fancy but even ill admit, they’re just a tad cute and they’re christmassy and shit.
I’m all about the easy peasy lemon squeezey stuff and these, these are so easy that the kids could put them together while you sit back and have a cuppa. You might find that more strawberries and pikelets make it into their mouths than on the plate but strawberries are fruit and that counts towards the whole 5+ a day.
These Mini Pikelet Santa Hats are great if you’re short on time but in need of a wee Christmas themed plate for something such as a kindy or preschool Christmas party OR you can whip them up on Christmas morning for the kids breakfast.
If you’re feeling a tad adventurous, you can pop a little bit of jam, lemon curd or hazelnut spread between the mini pikelet layers before stacking em’ on top of each other.
- - homemade or store bought mini pikelets
- - fresh strawberries
- - mini white marshmallows
- - toothpicks
- - icing sugar, optional
- - Grab your strawbs and give em’ a good wash. Lop off the leaves and pop your strawberries to the side.
- - Stack 4 mini pikelets on top of each other and shove a toothpick through the middle.
- - Pop your strawberries on top, pointy side up and give the pikelet stash a bit of a squish down so the toothpick sticks out the top.
- - On goes a mini marshmallow and viola, you’ve got yourself some Christmas themed pikelets.
- - If you’re feeling a little fancy, dust over some icing sugar and pass it off as snow.
Give them a little dust with icing sugar and you can pass that stuff off as snow ya’ll. That’s what I did anyway and Izzy was bloody stoked!
Tags : CHRISTMAS