You should know by now that I am all about those dual purpose crafts. If I can kill three, four or even five birds with one stone, then I’m going to do it! These Stuff Your Own Christmas Baubles is not only a craft that you can whack on they ole’ Christmas tree, but its also a fine motor skills activity for the young ones AND you can totally pass them off as a gift to the g-parents because… they’re a keepsake and all!
This was actually such an awesome fine motor skills craft to do with Iz! Because the top of the bauble is small, it took a fair bit of hand-eye coordination and our pincer grip to get our bits and bobs inside.
Stuff your own baubles is such a redico easy craft to set up with the kids and because it can take a while to fill the baubels… you can finish a hot cuppa while the kids get their craft on!
What you’ll need
– clear, plastic baubles. I got ours from Look Sharp but you can also find them in The Warehouse and Kmart
– muffin tray, optional
Bits and bobs to stuff inside:
– coloured shredded paper
– chopped up pipe cleaners
– pom poms
– jingle bells.. if you add em’ you’ve got yourself a set of jingle balls.
Basically any Christmassy stuff that can fit inside!
What to do
– Grab all of your stuffing supplies and get them laid out. I chucked our stuff into a muffin tray to keep the carnage to a minimum.
– Take the wee tops off the baubles and pop them off to the side.
– Get stuffing! Fill the baubles with as little or as much bits and bobs as the kids would like!
– Pop the top back on and you’ve got yourself a few decorative balls.
Much like a set of testicles, no two baubles are going to look exactly the same making them unique in their own special way!
Have Snapchat? We would love for you to come hang with us over at @heylittlesweets or on Facebook and Instagram
Tags : CHRISTMAS