GUYS! Its Thursday. 35 hours until the weekend starts and today is about Carrot Cake Cupcakes so dance with me babeses! We hope you have all had a fantastic week? Things have been slow around here which is what we like.
It’s coming up to birthday week for N and Miss I (they are 4 days apart!) so its a big rush to get the cake planned, tidy and organise the house and finish off any last minute birthday shopping for the both of them. Birthday week stresses me the fuck out but thankfully this year it’s a long weekend!
N has been asking for carrot cake for a while so on Sunday, I jumped into the kitchen to give the man what he wanted. Well…… kinda- he got cupcakes instead because its so much harder to eat a whole cake in one night!
Miss I was down for a nap and I must admit, it was rather lonely making cupcakes without her as we had so much fun last time. She did come and help at the end with the “walnut sprinkles” (apparently they’re not crushed walnuts, they’re walnut sprinkles), both in decorating and eating them. I think she even managed to sneak a finger full of icing while I wasn’t looking.
What you’ll need
for the cupcakes
– 450g finely shredded carrots – about 3 large carrots
– 230g flour
– 230g caster sugar
– 4 eggs
– 225ml canola oil
– 1 tsp baking soda
– 1 tsp baking powder
– 1.5 tsp cinnamon
for the icing
– 225g cream cheese
– 55g unsalted butter
– 165g icing sugar
optional- crushed walnuts for decorating
What to do
– Preheat your oven to 180 degrees c (160 fan force), grate the carrots and line a muffin tin with cupcake cases.
– Sift the flour, baking powder, soda and cinnamon into a large mixing bowl, add in the sugar followed by the carrots and oil.
– Either switch on your cake mixer, hand mixer or arm power and mix for a few seconds on low speed. Scrape down the side of the bowl then mix on high for about 3 minutes. Scrape the sides every now and again to ensure everything gets well incorporated.
– Divide the mix between your cupcake cases about 2/3’s full and pop in the oven for 21-24 mins or once skewer inserted comes out clean. Once done, remove from the oven and transfer them to a wire rack to cool completely.
– While the cuppies are cooling, get making on that icing. Add all of the ingredients to a bowl and whisk until smooth. Pop into a piping bag or grab a knife and get icing! Crush up some walnuts, sprinkle on top then you’re good to shove one in your mouth before you have to share with everyone!
As always, wrist/hair candy by our fav lady Ruby Blue.
Have Snapchat? We would love for you to come hang with us over at @heylittlesweets or on Facebook and Instagram
Tags : CUPCAKES