It’s Friday and I think all Friday’s should call for treats.. especially when it’s pissing down with rain and said treats contain melted Mars Bar!
This week has been a bit of a shambles while we adjust to a new routine of 2 1/2 days of homeschool, 2 1/2 days of preschool and as from tomorrow, a morning at a preschool for gifted children. I haven’t had a whole bunch of time to get in the kitchen this week and bake for N’s work treats so he got dis’. Not that he complained because it is actually in his top 10 of faves.
Remember chocolate crackles from your childhood? This is a fancier version thanks to the chocolate and sea salt on top. No baking, minimal dishes and the end result is bloody delicious… not that i’d know because it’s Lent and all and I made a pact with myself to not eat sugar. Jokes- I’m a terrible unsupportive family member. I gave that up yesterday because chocolate is how I deal with idiots!
Out of a shit ton of pictures, I only got one good one thanks to the terrible lighting. Damn you weather! You’ll just have to make it to see how good it really is.
What you’ll need
– 100g unsalted butter
– 3x 53g Mars Bars
– 90g rice bubbles
– 1 Tbsp cocoa powder
– 320g milk or dark chocolate melts (I used dark for this one, milk is pretty damn delicious also)
– a sprinkling of sea salt
What to do
– Grab a square baking tin and grease and line with baking paper.
– Cut your Mars Bars into little 1cm pieces and chuck them in a microwave safe bowl with your butter. Microwave them on medium heat for 3 minutes, stirring a couple of times.
– Pop your rice bubbles into a bowl and sprinkle through the cocoa. Give it a wee shake to evenly coat the rice bubbles.
– Slowly pour in your buttery mars bar mixture and give the bubbles a good stir to evenly coat them.
– Tip em’ out into your lined baking tin and squish them all out to form your base. Into the fridge it goes until firm (about 30 mins).
– When you’re base has hardened the f up, grab your microwave safe bowl (give it a rinse first) and add in your chocolate melts. Nuke in the microwave until melted.
– Pour your melted chocolate over your base, give it a tap on the bench a few times to make sure its all even-steven and sprinkle with sea salt. Back into the fridge it until the chocolate has hardened.
Have Snapchat? We would love for you to come hang with us over at @heylittlesweets or on Facebook and Instagram
Tags : Slices