Happy Baking Monday folks AND happy first day of term! I’m sure a fair few of you will be slightly excited that school is back today. With it being Baking Monday.. I have a recipe for Salty Nut Brownies for you!
I’ll admit, I completely dropped the ball last week and forgot that I needed to organise something for today! Izzy was being a bit of a dick and Nick worked a few late nights so our week was a tad chaotic. I trawled back through my wee book and remembered that I have wanted to put these up on the blog for a while. Almost 2 years in fact! Both Nick and my dad have a mutual love for these Salty Nut Brownies so there is no time life the present to share them!
Salty Nut Brownies are deliciously epic. You get the crunch from the cookie, the sweetness from the chocolate and the salt from the salty nuts! Legit, one of the best salty things you can put in your mouth! Whats even better is… they make the perfect cookies to sandwich ice cream between… no need to thank me.
What you’ll need
– 125g unsalted butter, at room temp
– 225g caster sugar
– 1 egg, at room temp
– 190g plain flour
– 1 tsp baking powder
– pinch of salt
– 2 1/2 TBSP cocoa powder
– 140g salted peanuts (the roasted kind from the snack aisle)
– 110g chocolate chips
What to do
– Preheat your oven to 180 degrees c (160 fan force) and line a baking tray with baking paper.
– Pop your butter and sugar into a bowl and cream them together until they are light and fluffy. Give the sides of a bowl a scrape down every now and again to make sure everything is mixed in. Add in your egg and beat well.
– Sift in your flour, baking powder, salt and cocoa and beat until everything is well incorporated.
– Using a wooden spoon or a spatula, fold in the chocolate chips and nuts.
– You might need to bake in batches, which is cool- I always do! Grab your ice cream scoop if you have one (if you don’t, you NEED one!) or using your hands, grab a golf ball size of your cookie mixture and roll it into a ball. Repeat for the remaining mix.
– Place your nutty balls on the tray, giving them at least 10cm worth of room between them and squish them down flat with a fork. I bake 8 at a time because thats all I can fit on my tray- we’ve got a tiny oven!
– Pop them into the middle of the oven and bake for about 20-25 minutes. I give them about 21 minutes so they’re slightly soft. 25 minutes in the oven will give you this epicly crunchy Salty Nut Brownie!
– Pull em out and let them sit for 5-10 to firm up a little bit before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely! These will keep in an airtight container for up to a week!
Have Snapchat? We would love for you to come hang with us over at @heylittlesweets or on Facebook and Instagram
Tags : COOKIES