Choc Chip M&M Cookies are soft, cakey, chewy, delciousness that goes into your mouth. They’re pretty much everything you’ll ever need in a cookie.
Now, this is just a super quick post because i’m currently prepping to not feed the child for most of tomorrow… the only thing that comes between this child and her food is a general anesthetic!
Let’s skip to the important part. Chilling the cookie dough! You NEED to do it. There is a reason for this AND it is becaue you don’t want them to spread too much! Chilling the dough re solidifies the butter. When you bake cookies with melted butter, you get a nice, big, chewy thin cookie. When you bake these Choc Chip M&M Cookies, the butter inside the dough takes longer to heat up so the cookie doesn’t spread as far. You end up with a thick, cakey, bloody delcious cookie!
Because a whole heap of you desperately wanted the recipe, you’ll have to make do with a shitty picture until the weather clears so I can get some decent light!
What you’ll need
– 280g plain flour
– 1tsp baking soda
– 1/2 tsp cornflour
– 1/2 tsp salt
– 170g unsalted butter, melted
– 150g brown sugar
– 100g caster sugar
– 1 egg, plus 1 egg yolk
– 2 tsp vanilla extract
– 70g chocolate chips
– 100g M&Ms, the regular ones or smarties
What to do
– In a bowl, add in your melted butter, brown and caster sugar and whisk together until there are no lumps. Whisk in your egg, egg yolk and vanilla extract until well combined.
– Grab a large bowl and chuck in your flour, baking soda, cornflour and salt. Give it a really good whisk then pour in your sugar/butter mix. Using a wooden spoon or a spatula, mix it all together!
– Using the same spoon or spatula, gently fold in your chocolate chips and M&Ms. Cover the bowl with cling film and pop the dough into the fridge for a minimum of 2 hours.
– Preheat your oven to 170 degrees c/160 degrees c fan force, line a baking tray with baking paper and grab your cookie dough out of the fridge. Let it sit at room temperature for 10 before you start the process of rolling balls between your hands.
– Using a cookie scoop or a tablespoon (you’ll need 3 TBSP of cookie dough per ball), grab your dough, roll it into a ball and repeat. You’ll want to space your balls about 5cms apart.
– Whack them into the oven for 10-12 minutes, leave them to cool on the tray for 10 before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely. These beauts will keep in an airtight container for a few days.
Have Snapchat? We would love for you to come hang with us over at @heylittlesweets or on Facebook and Instagram
Tags : Cookies