It’s safe to say that summer has hit our beautiful country and I’m stocking up the freezer with healthy frozen treats to help keep us cool! Frozen Chocolate Banana Bites are one of our faves to have on hand. Just grab a couple from the freezer and you’re good to go!
Frozen Chocolate Banana Bites are not only super easy to whip up but they’re bloody delicious! The recipe easily doubles or triples so you can make a whole heap to have on hand. They keep well in the freezer in an air tight container and will last for a month…. they won’t last that long!
If you’re after another healthy frozen treat then check out these Frozen Yoghurt Blueberry Bites.
What you’ll need
– 1 banana
– 1/2 cup sugar free chocolate chips – I use the Healtheries Sugar Free Chocolate Chips.
– 1 TBSP coconut oil
What to do
– Line a tray or plate with baking paper and get chopping on your banana! Slice it into rounds, as thick or as thin as you would like and pop them onto the tray/plate. Chuck them into the freezer until they are frozen solid. Takes an hour or two!
– Pop your chocolate chips and coconut oil into a microwave safe bowl and zap for 30 second intervals until everything is melted. Give it a really good stir together.
– Grab your banana slices out of the freezer and get dunking! I drop them in, swirl them around with a fork and then let the excess chocolate drip off. Repeat until all of your slices are coated. Back into the freezer they go until the chocolate is fully set.
– Once set, either eat them or pop them into an airtight container to have on hand for when you want a little sweet treat!
Tags : Summer Treats