Whether it be things to pamper myself or cleaning products, I love all things homemade. At the risk of sounding dorky, I’m so excited to be sharing all of these homemade ideas with you! I thought we’d kick things off with these Citrus Coconut Bath Melts.
Homemade can help save you a whole heap of money and you get more bang for your buck. You always end up with more than what you would get if you were to buy it premade from the shop AND you know what is going in it.
These Citrus Coconut Bath Melts make the perfect addition to any hot bath or foot soak so you can relax while adding a bit of moisture to your skin.
Because it’s summer, I highly recommend keeping your Citrus Coconut Bath Melts in the fridge as coconut oil has a low melting point which means on a really hot day, it can soften or melt! Grab 1 or 2 out of the fridge when you’re ready to enjoy a bath.
What you’ll need
– 1 1/2 cups good quality coconut oil
– 2 TBSP of citrus fruit rind. I did a mix of orange and lemon. You can add more if you want to make them a bit more colourful.
– a mini silicone mould – any shape!
What to do
– Melt your coconut oil either in a heatproof bowl over a pot of simmering water or in 20-second burts in the microwave. Give it a good stir to ensure all of the coconut oil has melted.
– Evenly divide your melted coconut oil between your silicon mould and give it a tap on the bench to remove any air bubbles.
– Using the fine side of a grater, grate your citrus rind from whatever fruit you’re using. Sprinkle your rind between the coconut oil and give it a bit of a stir using a teaspoon.
– Pop your mould into the fridge for an hour or two until the coconut oil has firmed up. If you’re giving these Citrus Coconut Bath Melts as gifts, you can package them up into little gift bags or if you’re keeping them for yourself, then chuck them into a jar!
– When you’re ready to use, drop 1-2 Citrus Coconut Bath Melts into a hot bath, jump in and bloody relax!
Because these are made with coconut oil, be sure to give the bath a good wipe out once you’ve enjoyed your soak as the coconut oil can make the bath a bit slippery.
Tags : Pamper Yo'self