Sometimes the ole’ shower time needs a bit of a spruce up and while there are a few different ways to achieve this, Fizzy Shower Bombs are probably the safest.
These wee Fizzy Shower Bombs are super easy to whip up, cheap as chips and will add a little pampering to your daily shower routine. Whether your using something soothing like lavender, something energising like citrus or calming like peppermint, you’ll leave the shower a little more relaxed.
Fizzy Shower Bombs can be made in a variety of different colours and scents AND the whole process of making them is a bit like a science experiment so you can get the kids involved! Get in the kitchen, experiment with the colours and scents and see which one is your fave. When you’re finished, let them tip some water into the bowl and watch the chemical reaction take place- they’ll love it!
I will advice against using a reindeer mould to try and make things a little festive because at first glance…. they do look a bit like C&B’s. #yuletidedong
What you’ll need
– 2 cups baking soda
– 1/2 cup citric acid
– 1 1/2 TBSP water
– 20 drops of essential oil – lavender, peppermint or something citrus works perfectly in the shower.
– 4-6 drops of food colouring, optional.
– a silicone mould or two. You can choose on the size! I’ve used a mini heart one from All Things Lunch. She has an awesome range of silicone moulds! If you’re using mini moulds, you’re going to need 2-3 mini moulds to fill and if you’re using a larger mould, you’ll only need one.
What to do
– Pop your baking soda and citric acid into a bowl and give it a bit of a whisk to break up any lumps.
– In a small bowl or a cup, drop in your essential oil, water and a few drops of food colouring if you’re using it. Give it a really good mix.
– Either using a hand mixer or a stand mixer, turn it to low and slowly add your water/essential oil mix a 1/4 of a teaspoon at a time. Do not add it all at once otherwise you will just have a bowl pretty smelling fizziness.
– Once everything is all mixed together, you’ll have yourself a damp and lightly coloured mixture. It’s a bit like making Fizzy Bug Bombs. It just needs to be damp enough that it holds it’s shape when squished together.
– Start filling your mould/s. You’ll want to evenly divide the mixture between the moulds and then squish them down either with your finger or the back of a spoon. They need to be nice and compact so they keep their shape.
– Leave them to sit for a couple of hours to firm up then carefully remove them from the moulds and leave them to dry over night.
– Pop them into a jar with a lid or an airtight container and chuck them next to the shower. When you’re ready to use, chuck either 1 large one or 2 minis into the bottom of the shower and enjoy!
If you’re wanting to give these as a gift, chuck some ribbon around the jar, write a little note and hey presto – Christmas gift is sorted! Just don’t give grandma any reindeer ones!