Need a way to get some fruit and vege into the kids? I got you boo with these Apple and Zucchini Muffins.
Kids can be fussy little creatures and it’s even worse if they have texture issues! I make a fair few muffs loaded with fruit and vege to keep on hand for the days where Izzy pretty much won’t touch anything! They might not look all that pretty but these beauts are a little bit sweet, a little bit cinnamony and will go down a treat with the kids!
Apple and Zucchini Muffins are perfect for freezing so you can make a batch to have on hand as a little semi healthy sweet treat for yourself or for the lunch boxes! I pop one into Izzys Little Lunch Box Co lunch box from All Things Lunch in the morning and by the time morning tea comes around, it’s defrosted.
What you’ll need
– 300g self-raising flour. You can also use GF
– 50g brown sugar
– 1 tsp cinnamon
– 2 eggs
– 60mls milk
– 1/2 cup vege, rice bran or coconut oil
– 1 tsp vanilla extract
– 1 cup grated apple (roughly 2 small apples)
– 1 cup grated zucchini (roughly 2 small zucchinis)
*I don’t peel my apples or zucchinis as most of the nutrients are found in the skin!*
What to do
– Preheat your oven to 180 degrees c (160 fan force) and line a muffin tin with cases.
– In a medium-sized bowl, add your dry ingredients and give it a good whisk together.
– Grab a smaller bowl (soz for all the dishes babeses) and crack in your eggs. Give them a bit of a whisk then add in the milk, oil, vanilla extract, apple and zucchini. Give this a good mix together.
– Add your wet ingredients to your dry and gently mix until just combined. Don’t over mix otherwise you’ll end up with a tough muff.
– Fill your muffin cases 2/3 of the way full then chuck those beauts in the oven for 20-25 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the middle comes out clean. Leave the cool on a wire rack before popping into an airtight container. These Apple and Zucchini Muffins will last for a couple of days in a container or for up to 2 months in the freezer.
Tags : MUFFINS