In need of a healthy treat or something to keep those little tums a bit fuller for longer? Chocolate Chip Chickpea Cookies are where it’s at! Yes, thats right… Chocolate Chip Chickpea Cookies.
You’re probably like “Uhhhmm…. what?!” but all 3 of us promise you that they are epically delicious. Chickpeas are amazing little legumes and are an amazing source of protein and fibre. They are also a great way to get some iron, magnesium, calcium, zinc, vitamin k and a whole bunch of other good stuff.
Chocolate Chip Chickpea Cookies are cookies, the texture side of them is more like a fudgy brownie and they’re the perfect amount of sweet thanks to the bananas and a touch of honey.
Chocolate Chip Chickpea Cookies are refined sugar-free, low in natural sugar and are jam-packed full of protein! They make a perfect healthy after dinner treat or snack and go great in the lunch box. They can also be made completely vegan by using coconut oil and replacing the chocolate chips with vegan chocolate chips or chocolate chunks.
What you’ll need
– 1 tin of chickpeas, drained. Save the juice for aioli! You can freeze aquafaba in an ice cube tray.
– 2 large-ish bananas
– 1 TBSP honey or pure maple syrup
– 130g smooth peanut butter or seed butter if you’re wanting to keep them nut free
– 30g coconut oil or unsalted butter, melted. I prefer coconut oil
– 50g oats
– 1 tsp baking powder
– sugar-free chocolate chips or regular chocolate chips
– desiccated coconut or other toppings such as nuts and seeds of your choice.
What to do
– Preheat your oven to 180 degrees c (160 fan force) and line a baking tray with baking paper.
– Gather all of your ingredients and chuck them into a food processor. Blitz until nice and smooth.
– Dropped heaped tablespoons on to your baking tray, giving them a few cms of space and top with the topping of your choice.
– Pop them into the oven for 15 minutes or until golden brown.
– Leave them to cool on the tray for 5 before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely. Chuck them into an airtight container and keep them in the fridge for up to a week.
Tags : COOKIES