Happy Monday friends! I was feeling feeling in a bit of savoury mood for this weeks Baking Monday. This is partly due to the family size bag of Malteasers I demolished the other day so I figured something healthy and full of protein such as these Savoury Mini Quiches would be PERFECT!
These little Savoury Mini Quiches are perfect for breakfast, lunch and/or dinner! Serve with a salad or just grab one out of the fridge for a super quick breakfast on the run. The great thing about these is, you can freeze them for up to 2 months so you’ve always got a protein filled snack on hand!
Cue Izzy joke…. let’s get cracking….. literally … because eggs and all. Don’t trust my photos to show the deliciousness. I was battling rain showers this morning when it came to snapping some pics. You’ll just have to make them to see how delicious they are!
What you’ll need
– 6 eggs
– 250mls cream OR milk
– 1 1/2 cups grated cheese – any kind. You can either add this to your egg/milk mix or mix it into your toppings.
– salt & pepper or Pepper & Me Whatevz Mum Grind
For my toppingd, I just grated half a carrot, diced up 2 mushrooms, a handful of spinach and cooked 3 slices of bacon- that did 12 (I overfilled mine slightly!). You just need enough toppings to pop a little on each.
Add in options – YOUR CHOICE!
– spinach or silverbeet
– mushrooms, diced
– ham, diced
– onion, diced
– bacon, cooked and diced
– capsicum, diced
– corn kernels
– carrot, grated
What to do
– Preheat your oven to 190 degrees c (170 degrees fan force) and spray a muffin tin with non stick spray. You could also grease with a little olive or coconut oil if you don’t have any on hand.
– Grab a large bowl and whisk together your cream or milk and eggs until light and fluffy. Add in your salt and pepper or Whatevz Mum salt and whisk until well combined. If you’re wanting to mix the cheese into the egg/milk mix, do this now.
– Divide your egg mixture between your muffin tin and sprinkle your toppings on top. I mix mine together in a bowl then sprinkle of top of the Savoury Mini Quiches to be.
– Pop into the oven for 15-25 minutes or until the egg has set! Leave to cool in the tin for 5 before demolishing or leave to cool completely before popping into the fridge or freezer! You can either pop these into an airtight container to keep for a few days in the fridge or freeze them for up to two months. If your Savoury Mini Quiches are going in the freezer, use baking paper to seperate the layers or chuck them into individual ziplock bags for singles on hand. Zap in the microwave for 25-35 seconds or until hot!