Ok so they’re not bliss balls made from cake BUT these Carrot Cake Bliss Balls taste preeeeetty similar to the sweet vegetable cake and they make for a great healthy sweet fix without all the sugar.
Full of oats, seeds and carrots as well as being refined sugar and nut free, these wee Carrot Cake Bliss Balls make for a perfect addition to any lunchbox to help keep those tums fuelled. One batch of these keeps us going for a week!
If you’re a carrot cake lover and in need of another healthy carrot themed sweet treat, check out this Carrot Cake Smoothie!
What you’ll need
– 3 medium carrots, top and tailed but leave the skin on – all the nutrients are in and just under the skin.
– 20 dates
– 1/2 cup pumpkin seeds
– 1 TBSP coconut oil
– 1 cup rolled oats
– 1 tsp cinnamon (you can use less if you’re not a cinnamon fan!)
– 1/2 tsp ginger
– desiccated coconut for rolling
What to do
– Boil the jug, pop your dates in a bowl, cover with hot water and leave to sit for 20 mins to soften.
– Grab your food processor and chuck in your carrots. You’ll want to blitz them until they’re nice and fine.
– Strain off the liquid from your dates and add them into the food processor along with the pumpkin seeds, coconut oil, oats, cinnamon and ginger. Blitz for a good 5 minutes until everything comes together.
– Roll tablespoonfuls of the mix into balls, cover in coconut and pop them into the fridge for a couple of hours to firm up! Once firm, keep in an airtight container for up to a week in the fridge.