Apple Fritters are kind of like a donut and apple turnover mixed together except they are way easier to make!
They’re soft and fluffy and when you bite into a juicy piece of apple, it is like heaven in your mouth! With just the right amount of sweetness, they make for an easy and perfect dessert, especially served warm on a chilly winters eve.
In the words of Nick, these Apple Fritters are “yummy balls of sweet, doughy, apple goodness!”
What you’ll need
– 150g plain flour
– 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
– 3 TBSP caster sugar
– 1/4 tsp salt
– 1/4 tsp cinnamon
– 1 egg beaten
– 80mls milk
– 1 cup apple, diced. 1 cup is roughly 2 small apples.
– 250mls oil – soya bean or vegetable are good for frying. Don’t use canola, olive oil etc.
– icing sugar for dusting
What to do
– Pour your oil into your frying pan and pop that on the element on a medium-high heat.
– Grab a bowl and sift together the dry ingredients. In a smaller bowl, beat together the egg and milk and slowly add this to your dry stuff.
– Add your diced apples and mix together until well combined.
– Drop a TBSPs of the apple batter into your hot frying pan and fry for 2-4 minutes on each side until golden brown. Remove from the pan with a slotted spoon and pop onto a paper towel to soak up any excess oil. Repeat until your batter is all gone.
– Serve them hot with ice cream or leave to cool and dust with a sprinkling of icing sugar. Apple Fritters are best eaten on the day they are made!
Have Snapchat? We would love for you to come hang with us over at @heylittlesweets or on Facebook and Instagram
Tags : Dessert Ideas