I’m all about those quick and easy desserts. Even more so if they have like 3 or 4 ingredients and they look like I put a whole lot of time and effort into it when the truth is…. I really didn’t aaaaaand a Lemon Mascarpone Crepe Stack is one of those!
In between Izzy and teaching my SP kiddos at the moment, I don’t have a whole lot of time on my hands to be baking or cooking BUT I still want to fill my creative outlet. Even if that does mean putting something delicious together with “not made from scratch” things.
This delish Lemon and Mascarpone Crepe Stack has 4 (5 if you decorate with fruit!) ingredients, you don’t even need to make the crepes, it takes less than 8 minutes to put together from start to finish but best of all, you can totally eat this for breakfast or lunch because crepes are a any time of day food!
- - 6 store-bought crepes
- - 200g Tatua Mascarpone
- - juice and zest of 1 lemon
- - 3 TBSP icing sugar + a little extra for dusting
- - strawberries or fresh raspberries for decorating (optional)
- - In a medium sized bowl, add in your mascarpone, lemon juice and zest as well as your icing sugar. Beat together until it is nice and smooth!
- - Open up your packet of crepes and pop one onto a cake stand or plate. Add a good dollop of your lemon mascarpone mix and spread it all over the crepe.
- - Add another crepe on top and repeat the process ending with a crepe on top.
- - Scrape out any remaining lemon mascarpone mix and dollop on top. Chuck on a few fresh strawbs or raspberries, dust with icing sugar and viola!
Aside from eating it, my most fave thing about this is cutting into it. I don’t know why but it just makes me so freaking happy seeing those perfectly perfect layers of crepe and lemon mascarpone. It’s freaking visually satisfying!
If you’re not wanting to do a stack. You can totally spread your lemon and mascarpone mixture over a crepe, add a couple of bits of diced strawberry or raspberry and roll it on up so you have individual lemon mascarpone crepe rolls! Whichever way you choose to do it – SAH GOOD!
While it’s best to devour your Lemon and Mascarpone Crepe Stack on the day, any leftovers will keep in an airtight container in the fridge for another day or two!
Tags : DESSERT IDEAS