If you are a lover of the orange and chocolate/Jaffa flavour combo then you are going to freaking love these Flourless Dark Chocolate and Orange Chews!
I have really been missing being in the kitchen as of late. I most definitely took it for granted before Izzy finished preschool and I took on the relief teaching job. I adore my kids and their parents so much but by the time I get home and i’ve done all the things I need to do with Izzy, being creative is the last thing on my mind!
Whipping up delish treats is my creative outlet as well as my stress reliever and I LOVE making people’s tums and mouths happy. I’m trying to get back into the kitchen as much as I possibly can and making these Flourless Dark Chocolate and Orange Chews last Thursday was the first step!
I don’t really know how to describe them! They’re chewy, they’re fudgy, they’re rich, they’ve got a crispy top, they’re delicious, they’re orangey chocolatey and.. well… you need them in your life!
Dark chocolate and orange work so well together regardless but once you put them into a cookie.. it’s addictive, so addictive!
Aside from being chocolatey and orangey AND freaking delicious, the best thing about these wee morsels is that they are so super quick and easy to whip up! By the time the second batch is out of the oven, the first batch has cooled so you can get eating!
- - 125g 50% dark chocolate
- - 20g unsalted butter
- - zest of one medium sized orange
- - 70g brown sugar
- - 1 egg, at room temperature
- - 1 tsp vanilla extract
- - 2 TBSP cocoa powder
- - 50g 50% dark chocolate finely chopped
- - Preheat your oven to 180 degrees c (160 fan force) and line 2 baking trays with baking paper.
- - In a microwave safe bowl, add in your 125g chocolate, unsalted butter and the orange zest. Chuck it in the microwave and melt together on medium power in the 20 second increments until melted, stirring after each round. Pop the bowl off to the side to cool for 10 minutes.
- - In a medium sized bowl, beat together your brown sugar, egg and vanilla extract until pale and creamy.
- - Pour in your melted chocolate and sift over the cocoa. Gently fold together until everything is well incorporated. Add in your 50g chopped chocolate and gently mix.
- - Drop teaspoon of your batter onto your baking trays, making sure you leave 5cm gap between each chew as they spread.
- - Bake for 6-7 minutes in the oven, pull em out and leave to cool completely on the tray.
- - Pop your Flourless Dark Chocolate and Orange Chews into an airtight container and store in the fridge.. if they make it that far!
It’s an incredibly good idea to eat one while it’s slightly warm. You’ll thank me for it. Know what you can also do? Sammich a spoonful of vanilla ice cream between two Flourless Dark Chocolate and Orange Chews. You’ll also thank me for that too.
Have Snapchat? We would love for you to come hang with us over at @heylittlesweets or on Facebook and Instagram
Tags : Cookies